BEAUTYCOUNTER X CHRISTY COLEMAN GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This Beautycounter x Christy Coleman Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by Counter Brands, LLC dba Beautycounter, 1733 Ocean Ave., Ste. 400, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (“Sponsor”). The entry period will start on November 11, 2023 at 8:00:00 AM PT Pacific Time (“PT”) and end on November 15, 2023 at 11:59:00 PM PT (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official Giveaway timekeeper:
All entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entrant may enter this Giveaway a maximum of one (1) time. Three (3) Winners will be declared, and one (1) prize will be awarded to each Winner. This Giveaway is subject to federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local laws and regulations.
ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are legal residents of the United States (50 states or Wash., DC) and Canada and are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of Entry. Employees, representatives, agents, directors, and officers of Sponsor and any of its affiliates (individually and collectively, “Giveaway Entities”) and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, and step-family members) and/or people living in the same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The entrant may use only one (1) Social Platform Account (an “Account”) to participate in this Giveaway, and their Account must be set to public and not private. Failure to comply with the eligibility criteria set forth in this section will result in disqualification.
HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. There is one (1) Entry method, which is described as follows:
During the Entry Period, eligible entrants can participate in this Giveaway by completing the following steps: (i) from the Giveaway landing page, enter a valid email address and (ii) allow Sponsors Beautycounter and Christy Coleman to add you to their mailing lists, (collectively, an “Eligible Tag”). Each Eligible Tag will receive one (1) entry in this Giveaway.
Each eligible entry received during the Entry Period is herein referred to as an “Entry” and collectively as the “Entries”.
By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her Eligible Submission is original, he/she owns all right and title thereto, and his/her Eligible Submission does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights. Entrants agree to assign and hereby do assign to Sponsor the ownership rights to all Eligible Submissions. Upon the Sponsor’s request, Entrants agree to sign any further document(s) as may be deemed necessary by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion to perfect, or give full effect, to such grant and assignment. For clarity the entrant grants the sponsor, in connection with the Eligible Submission irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license and right to reproduce, transmit, display, comment on, edit, modify, alter, exploit, create derivative works based upon, combine with other works (and all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), and otherwise distribute the Eligible Submission and all elements thereof, including without limitation, the photo and the likeness of any persons embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission, notification, attribution, or restriction from you or any third party.
With respect to Canadian residents, to the extent the foregoing grant and assignment is unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, Entrants grant to Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive, worldwide license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Eligible Submission, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever in any kind of medium whatsoever.
Once an Entrant submits an Eligible Submission, it cannot be changed or deleted. By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Eligible Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines as defined below (“Guidelines”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Giveaway if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant fails to conform to the Guidelines.
If this Giveaway is not completed in accordance with these Official Rules the participant’s Eligible Submission will be voided. Eligible Submissions made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Giveaway. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway is prohibited and any submissions deemed by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have been entered in this manner will be void. Eligible Submissions generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Eligible Submissions that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter the Eligible Submission will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by a service provider. Entrants may not share the same email address. Eligible Submissions will be disqualified if they are forged, falsified, altered, or improperly tampered with in any way or if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Eligible Submission does not meet the eligibility and other criteria outlined herein.
3. ENTRANT RULES & ELIGIBLE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any materials associated with his/her Eligible Submission (“Entry Materials”) comply with the following Guidelines:
are original to him/her and/or that the entrant has obtained all necessary rights in and to the Entry Materials for the purposes of submitting such Entry Materials in this Giveaway;
not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where the Eligible Submission is created.;
iii. do not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party such as copyright, trademark, publicity, or any other intellectual property rights; and,
are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that such Entry Materials will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Entry Materials must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained; conduct or other activities in violation of these rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Sponsor although not obligated to screen content, reserves the right to screen all Entry Materials. Any Entry Materials that Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time and for any reason, to remove any Entry Materials (or any part thereof) and/or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Entry Materials (or any part thereof) in order to ensure that the Entry Materials comply with these rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after this Giveaway, then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry Materials and entrant (and therefore the corresponding Entry) to help ensure that this Giveaway is being conducted in accordance with Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these rules.
RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be held the following day after each Entry Period concludes, in Santa Monica, CA. Three (3) Entries will be drawn from amongst all eligible Entries, received prior to the close of each Entry Period, as determined by the Sponsor at on the Official Rules. The Entry drawn will be declared the potential “Winner”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
Odds of winning a prize available depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. AN ENTRANT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL WINNERS UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED, THE SPONSOR’S REQUIRED PRIZE DOCUMENT(S) ARE COMPLETED AND RETURNED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. NOTIFICATION / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The potential Winners will be notified by Sponsor via e-mail, within seven (7) days after the applicable Entry is received. Any potential Winner in the United States must accept the prize by returning to Sponsor a completed and personally signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first notification attempt.
Any potential Winner residing in Canada, before being declared an official winner, will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) complete and personally sign and return within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s first notification attempt the Sponsor’s declaration and release form. Failure to return the properly executed prize documents within the specified time (and, if a potential Winner is a resident of Canada, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question) will result in forfeiture of a prize.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is not received by a potential Winner for any reason. If a potential Winner does not respond to notification and accept the prize as required herein or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits prize, Sponsor may, but shall not be required to, select an alternate potential Winner (in accordance with the procedure above, with necessary amendment) from amongst all remaining eligible Entries. All expenses, taxes or fees on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable Winner.
5. PRIZE: There are three (3) prizes available to be awarded in the Giveaway in total. The prize to be awarded to each Winner is:
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $464 USD/$593 CAD (not including Zoom Consultation)
(1) Beautycounter Primer
(1) Beautycounter Mascara
(1) Beautycounter Dew Skin
(1) Beautycounter Creamy Concealer
(2) Beautycounter Lid Glow Cream Shadows
(1) Beautycounter Brow Gel
(1) Beautycounter Cheeky Clean Cream Blush
(1) Beautycounter Cheeky Clean Highlighting Balm
(1) Beautycounter Beyond Gloss
(1) Beautycounter Mattifying Powder
(2) Beautycounter Better Blender Sponge
(1) 30-minute Zoom Consultation with Christy Coleman
Each prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each prize will be mailed to each Winner’s street mailing address (cannot ship to a post office box) via regular ground mail or in another manner selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for any delay in the availability or delivery of a prize for any reason whatsoever (including without limitation, delays due to health risks or governmental restrictions, such as those that may be implemented to mitigate COVID-19 transmission) – no confirmed winner nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay. The prize ARV represents Sponsor’s good faith determination, is final and binding, and cannot be challenged or appealed. All income and other taxes (federal, state and local) on the prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable Winner.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the prize constitutes each Winner's permission for Sponsor to use such Winner's name, statements about the Giveaway, product review(s), testimonial (in whole or part), prize information and address (city and state) or other likeness (collectively, “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and each Winner releases Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this Giveaway, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless and indemnify the Giveaway Entities, all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees, successors, assigns and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s participation or Entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s participation or Entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete text messages, emails and Entries not received by the time designated for the applicable Entry Period; (ii) failure of the Short Code during the Contest or any other technical failure of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the Entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in this Giveaway; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s Entry in this Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries and/or the Website. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to prize depiction or announcement of the applicable Winners.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Québec, Canada, to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial/territorial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis or governmental restrictions implemented to mitigate a public health crisis (e.g. ZIKA virus or COVID-19), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Québec, Canada, to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: For these Official Rules or the name of the Winners, send a self-addressed envelope to: Counter Brands, LLC, 1733 Ocean Ave Santa Monica CA 90401, Attn: Alex McGinn. Requests must be received by November 30, 2023.